Monday, September 5, 2011

About me

When I was younger I used to fear, hate or avoid conflicts.
Like many people I thought that I didn't have any control over a dispute. Things happen because they happen and I couldn't do anything about it.

Yet conflicts surround us every single day and they are part of our lives, because everytime we build a relation we put ourselves at risk of a misunderstanding. Even identical twins have some differences, everyone of us is different. So the other person will never be 100% like us and we will have to deal sooner or later with THE DIFFERENCES.
And the way we do it, take responsabilities over it or empower ourselves in regard of those differences will determine the relationship(s) around us.

And everytime there is a conflict we CAN do something about it, we can change and transform the outcome of every single situation and build a constructive dialogue based in understanding and accepting that there can be differences.

After many years of studying and working in ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) I am happy to say that I don't fear, hate or avoid conflicts anymore, instead I see them as an opportunity to become a better person and eventually a better human being. As a professionnel in ADR I help people to make that transition from fear or hate to the empowering process of taking control of their conflicts and work towards a positive outcome.

This blog gives some suggestions, tools and tips to better manage the inevitable conflicts that dwell within our relations and our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment